The Children’s Department guides early literacy, creativity, and lifelong learning with programs and resources for all ages, birth to teen.
Click HERE to go to our calendar page for specific dates and to sign up online for events.
Build your child’s early literacy skills by attending storytime and other educational programs at the library! Storytime helps parents and caregivers foster a lifelong love of books and reading in their children. Parents and caregivers can help children get ready to read through five simple activities: read, write, sing, talk, and play.
- Music and Movement Online (birth-5 years old)
- Join us live on Facebook every Wednesday morning at 11:00 a.m. for our fun and interactive music and movement program! Kelly plays the guitar and sings songs your little ones will love, such as The Hokey Pokey and Baby Shark. Viewers can request songs in the comments. Playlist is here: https://www.facebook.com/watch/RockvillePLCT/283010922743071/
- Lil’ Bookworms Online Storytime (birth-5 years old)
- A weekly virtual storytime where Ms. Kara reads a different story on Facebook first three Mondays in the morning at 10:30! Missed it? We have a playlist of every read aloud on our Facebook page so you can replay your favorites whenever you want! Playlist is here: https://www.facebook.com/watch/RockvillePLCT/2834477513338927/
- 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
- Click HERE to learn more about how to enroll your child in this program.
PROGRAMS FOR SCHOOL AGE KIDS
- Grab ‘N Go Craft Kits
Seasonal, ready-to-go project kits to do at home! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 860-875-5892 ext. 100 to reserve yours today. This month’s project is Make a Monster.
- Read to a Therapy Dog – currently postponed until further notice
Therapy dogs from Healers with Halos are specially trained to sit and listen patiently to children as they practice their reading skills. Check our calendar for upcoming dates.
- Afterschool Programs
Join us after school for engaging programs for school-age kids in Kindergarten through 6th grade. Check out our monthly calendar or stop by the Children’s Department to pick up a calendar!